The Guilford Foundation (TGF) announces the creation of four new legacy funds to add to its family of funds, including, for the first time, two “donor advised” funds. Three of these funds also represent a new incentive for fund development: an “Acorn Fund” option, which allows the donors time to build up the fund to a meaningful level.
“We hope to grow the number of funds at the Foundation by reaching a broad cross section of Guilford individuals and organizations and encouraging them to create a perpetual legacy that will keep on benefitting Guilford for decades to come,” says Board President John Crawford. “Increasing the number of legacy funds mean more resources for the community.”
… Read more
The Guilford Foundation is pleased to announce to release of our 2011 Annual Report, which provides an overview of the activities, financial data, donors, and grant awards made during the fiscal year starting February 1, 2011 and ending January 31, 2012.
Many thanks to Drink Communications for designing this document.
The Guilford Foundation was pleased to award scholarship awards to 9 remarkable seniors from Guilford High School at our Annual Dinner and Awards Presentation on May 31st. The honorees are pictured below.
Elizabeth Adams Fund Scholarship: Matthew Doyle (in absentia) & Amanda Simon.
Joan Shrewsbury presents the Adams Award to Amanda Simon.
Carl A. Balestracci, Jr. Humanitarian Fund Scholarship: Alejandro Betancourt & Emily Ott.
Carl Balestracci presents the award to Emily Ott and Alejandro Betancourt.
Al & Gene Bishop Fund for Vocational and Industrial Arts: Michael Shay.
Al & Gene Bishop present the Bishop award to Michael Shay.
Stuart D. Burt Scholarship: Amanda Shank.
Stephen Page presents the award to Amanda Shank.
Stephen Looney Scholarship: Marissa Mormile & Marco Parisi (in absentia). Pictured with Joan Shrewsbury and Marissa Mormile are Stephen Looney’s niece and nephew, who helped to present the award.
Joan Shrewsbury, Marissa Mormile, Andrew Elsaid, and Olivia Elsaid (l-r).
Elizabeth M. “Lizzie” Schwanfelder Fund: Juan Carlos Lluberes
Elisa Milano and Jennifer Alexander present the award to Juan Carlos Lluberes.
Thursday, May 31, 2012
The Guilford Yacht Club
379 Whitfield Street, Guilford, Connecticut
Reception at 6:00pm
Dinner & Awards at 6:45pm
Admission is $50 per person – $25 under 18
This dinner is made possible through the generous support of our sponsors:
- Guilford Savings Bank
- Prospector Funds
- The Guilford Courier
- Shoreline Financial Advisors, LLC
- Royal Printing Service
- Drink Communications
The Guilford Foundation Approves $15,550 to 7 Local Organizations
At its March Board meeting, the Guilford Foundation Board of Directors approved $15,550 of funding to 7 local organizations.
“The Board was once again pleased to support a broad scope of needs in the community, from youth scholarships to senior services to families in need,” stated Board President John Crawford.
The March awards are as follows:
- $1,500 to Guilford A Better Chance, Inc., to provide partial scholarships for students to attend summer college preparatory classes.
- $3,000 to Clifford W. Beers Guidance Clinic, Inc., to provide emergency financial assistance to Guilford residents through the Shoreline Collaborative.
- $2,500 to Girl Scouts of Connecticut Troop 62117 to help a Girl Scout achieve her Gold Award by erecting plaques with historic facts on the lampposts of the Guilford Green.
- $1,200 to the Guilford Housing Authority to install raised beds for gardens for use by residents.
- $550 to Literacy Volunteers Valley Shore to reach out to Guilford residents regarding services and opportunities.
- $3,000 to the Orchard House, an adult day center located in Branford, to initiate outreach efforts to clients in Guilford and to assist with the development of marketing and promotional materials.
- $3,800 to Pilgrim Fellowship to provide scholarship funding for youth members to attend the annual mission trip.
The Guilford Foundation’s next application deadline for funding is on June 1st, 2012. For more information on the grant application process, go to www.guilfordfoundation.org or email Liza Janssen Petra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fuel Aid Effort Kicks Off on Valentine’s Day. Click the link for photos and article in the Guilford Courier.
3 Shoreline towns’ charity to offer fuel aid. Click the link for the article in the New Haven Register.
To help promote “Foundations Fuel Families,” an effort to raise funds for Guilford Social Services for families who need energy assistance, Liza Janssen Petra was interviewed on February 11, 2012 on Good Morning Connecticut.
Click here to watch the interview.
The Guilford Courier Featured Board President John Crawford as the “Person of the Week” on February 7, 2012.
Click here for the full article!