The Guilford Foundation’s Youth Advisory Group (YAG) recently granted the following awards:
- $1,000 to the Guilford Keeping Society for Colonial Life Camp.
- $1,500 to Shoreline Arts Alliance for an accessibility program for the 2016 Rising Stars Theatre Experience.
- $1,500 to Guilford Developmental Assets for Youth (DAY) for the purple DAY Week flags seen around town.
- $2,000 to Women & Family Life Center, Inc. for a “Crash Course Life Skills” program.
- $440 to Guilford Arts Center for a creative arts workshop at the Branford Alps Farmers Market.
- $1394.60 to the Guilford Free Library to support a diversification of educational resources.
- $2,500 to Guilford Social Services for their “Back to School” program.
These awards are made in partnership with TGF’s Elisabeth Adams Fund, which provides half the funding amount. TGF’s Board of Directors makes the final approval for the grant recommendations of that YAG carefully reviews and raises the balance of funding for. TGF is incredibly proud of these high school students!