GHS Interact Club Youth Advisory Group Grants
In 2010, the Guilford Foundation chose to partner with GHS Interact Club to form the Youth Advisory Group (YAG) as an offshoot of Interact. Interact participates in many charitable programs both local and international such as the Haitian Health Foundation, Guilford Food Bank, Happy Houses in Haiti, Habitat for Humanity, Women’s Shelter, Bio Sand water filters, The Cove, and more. Like Interact, YAG is starting to make a huge difference in the community as well.
YAG fosters locally based philanthropy at the teenage level. Members learn how to write and fund grants through a training program. Any Guilford High School student interested in joining Interact or YAG should contact Mrs. Samperi in the Guidance Office at the high school or email her at email@example.com, Allen Jacobs (Rotary Adviser) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or any Interact Club member.
Our mission is to foster efforts and relationships that highlight, empower and strengthen the positive values Guilford youth contribute to the community.
The Guilford Interact Student Advisory Fund is a youth grantmaking body of the Guilford Foundation. They focus on serving the Guilford community by addressing issues of concern and importance to local youth through grantmaking based on a challenge grant from the Guilford Foundation.
The Guilford Foundation elected to partner with the Guilford Interact Club (Junior Rotary) because it is already philanthropically engaged. Their goal was to enhance the civic engagement of the students at the local level and empower them to address community needs from their own perspective. More information about the Fund can be found here. General grant awards range from $500-$2,500.
- Grant applications must follow the proposal guidelines. All grant applications are due on April 1st and will be awarded in May.
- Proposals must include a copy of the coversheet with all authorizing signatures in order to be considered. They may be emailed to: Allen@sunset-creek.com or mailed to him at: Allen Jacobs, Interact Advisor, 1100 Boston Post Rd., Guilford, CT 06437.
- The applicant must be available to meet with the Interact Grants Committee to discuss the proposal if necessary.
- The successful applicant must agree to submit, within three months of the project’s end, a summary report that includes financial disclosures of how the grant money was spent and the progress made in relation to the originally stated objectives.
- Applicants must be IRS certified tax-exempt under section 501c3.
If you require further information or have any questions please contact Allen Jacobs, Rotary Advisor to the GHS Interact Youth Advisory Group at 203-453-2545 or email@example.com
For further assistance, contact Liza Janssen Petra, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 745 9930.