The Guilford Foundation recently presented scholarship awards totaling $12,300 to twelve Guilford High School graduates to help offset the costs of their education. The records of these remarkable students reflect their hard work and commitment to personal development and inspire hope in the future citizenry of our great town.
The twelve students (as well as their colleges) are as follows:
- Elizabeth C. Adams Fund: Emily Nolan (St. Olaf College) & Ryan Xie (Brandeis University)
- Carl A. Balestracci, Jr. Humanitarian Fund: Claire Dinauer (University of California, Los Angeles) & Thomas Wiesler (Yale University)
- Al and Gene Bishop Fund for Vocational & Industrial Arts: John Wettemann (University of Massachusetts, Amherst)
- Stuart D. Burt Fund: Luke McNamara (University of Notre Dame)
- Stephen A. Looney Fund: Benjamin Cousins (University of South Carolina) & Molly Kosh (Skidmore College)
- Jake Penman Memorial Fund: Jordan Krause (Villanova University)
- Ralph Schipani Scholarship Fund: Zachary Rodes (Duquesne University) & Megan Zampano (Quinnipiac University)
- Elizabeth M. “Lizzie” Schwanfelder Scholarship Fund: Olivia Mirek (Georgetown University)
The Guilford Foundation salutes these community members and their families for this special recognition. TGF also gratefully acknowledges the Guilford High School Guidance Office for their assistance in identifying these students.