The Guilford Foundation’s Youth Advisory Group (YAG) recently granted the following awards:
Posts Tagged ‘interact club’
The Guilford Foundation Approves $15,550 to 7 Local Organizations
At its March Board meeting, the Guilford Foundation Board of Directors approved $15,550 of funding to 7 local organizations.
“The Board was once again pleased to support a broad scope of needs in the community, from youth scholarships to senior services to families in need,” stated Board President John Crawford.
The March awards are as follows:
- $1,500 to Guilford A Better Chance, Inc., to provide partial scholarships for students to attend summer college preparatory classes.
- $3,000 to Clifford W. Beers Guidance Clinic, Inc., to provide emergency financial assistance to Guilford residents through the Shoreline Collaborative.
- $2,500 to Girl Scouts of Connecticut Troop 62117 to help a Girl Scout achieve her Gold Award by erecting plaques with historic facts on the lampposts of the Guilford Green.
- $1,200 to the Guilford Housing Authority to install raised beds for gardens for use by residents.
- $550 to Literacy Volunteers Valley Shore to reach out to Guilford residents regarding services and opportunities.
- $3,000 to the Orchard House, an adult day center located in Branford, to initiate outreach efforts to clients in Guilford and to assist with the development of marketing and promotional materials.
- $3,800 to Pilgrim Fellowship to provide scholarship funding for youth members to attend the annual mission trip.
The Guilford Foundation’s next application deadline for funding is on June 1st, 2012. For more information on the grant application process, go to www.guilfordfoundation.org or email Liza Janssen Petra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Youth Advisory Group (YAG), some members shown in the picture below taken at the 2011 Guilford Citizens’ Day Parade, was created through a partnership between GF and the Guilford High School Rotary Interact Club. YAG is currently fundraising for, and awarding grants to, local nonprofit organizations. The next YAG Grant Applications are due by October 31st.
Check out YAG in the news:
Submitted by Belinda Sam
On May 26, 2011, the Interact Youth Advisory Group announced the four grants they have given at the annual Guilford Foundation Dinner at the Guilford Yacht Club: … Read more