The Guilford Foundation’s Youth Advisory Group (YAG) recently granted the following awards:
Posts Tagged ‘grant’
The Guilford Foundation (TGF) is pleased to announce grant awards to six organizations serving Guilford. The grants ranged from $1,200 to $5,000 and support kids, the environment, and basic needs.
The Guilford Foundation hosted its Annual Dinner & Awards Ceremony on Thursday, May 30th, under clear, warm skies at the Guilford Yacht Club. At the dinner, we awarded scholarships to nine Guilford High School graduating seniors to help offset the costs of their college education. The records of these remarkable students reflect their hard work and commitment to personal development and inspire hope in the future citizenry or our great town.
The nine students (as well as their colleges) are listed below next to their award: … Read more
The Guilford Foundation Approves $15,550 to 7 Local Organizations
At its March Board meeting, the Guilford Foundation Board of Directors approved $15,550 of funding to 7 local organizations.
“The Board was once again pleased to support a broad scope of needs in the community, from youth scholarships to senior services to families in need,” stated Board President John Crawford.
The March awards are as follows:
- $1,500 to Guilford A Better Chance, Inc., to provide partial scholarships for students to attend summer college preparatory classes.
- $3,000 to Clifford W. Beers Guidance Clinic, Inc., to provide emergency financial assistance to Guilford residents through the Shoreline Collaborative.
- $2,500 to Girl Scouts of Connecticut Troop 62117 to help a Girl Scout achieve her Gold Award by erecting plaques with historic facts on the lampposts of the Guilford Green.
- $1,200 to the Guilford Housing Authority to install raised beds for gardens for use by residents.
- $550 to Literacy Volunteers Valley Shore to reach out to Guilford residents regarding services and opportunities.
- $3,000 to the Orchard House, an adult day center located in Branford, to initiate outreach efforts to clients in Guilford and to assist with the development of marketing and promotional materials.
- $3,800 to Pilgrim Fellowship to provide scholarship funding for youth members to attend the annual mission trip.
The Guilford Foundation’s next application deadline for funding is on June 1st, 2012. For more information on the grant application process, go to www.guilfordfoundation.org or email Liza Janssen Petra at email@example.com.
The Youth Advisory Group (YAG), some members shown in the picture below taken at the 2011 Guilford Citizens’ Day Parade, was created through a partnership between GF and the Guilford High School Rotary Interact Club. YAG is currently fundraising for, and awarding grants to, local nonprofit organizations. The next YAG Grant Applications are due by October 31st.
Check out YAG in the news:
The Guilford Foundation and SARAH, Inc. have joined forces to help provide jobs for SARAH supported workers and at the same time have a major impact on keeping the community of Guilford clean and green!