Thursday, May 31, 2012
The Guilford Yacht Club
379 Whitfield Street, Guilford, Connecticut
Reception at 6:00pm
Dinner & Awards at 6:45pm
Admission is $50 per person – $25 under 18
This dinner is made possible through the generous support of our sponsors:
- Guilford Savings Bank
- Prospector Funds
- The Guilford Courier
- Shoreline Financial Advisors, LLC
- Royal Printing Service
- Drink Communications
The Guilford Foundation Approves $15,550 to 7 Local Organizations
At its March Board meeting, the Guilford Foundation Board of Directors approved $15,550 of funding to 7 local organizations.
“The Board was once again pleased to support a broad scope of needs in the community, from youth scholarships to senior services to families in need,” stated Board President John Crawford.
The March awards are as follows:
- $1,500 to Guilford A Better Chance, Inc., to provide partial scholarships for students to attend summer college preparatory classes.
- $3,000 to Clifford W. Beers Guidance Clinic, Inc., to provide emergency financial assistance to Guilford residents through the Shoreline Collaborative.
- $2,500 to Girl Scouts of Connecticut Troop 62117 to help a Girl Scout achieve her Gold Award by erecting plaques with historic facts on the lampposts of the Guilford Green.
- $1,200 to the Guilford Housing Authority to install raised beds for gardens for use by residents.
- $550 to Literacy Volunteers Valley Shore to reach out to Guilford residents regarding services and opportunities.
- $3,000 to the Orchard House, an adult day center located in Branford, to initiate outreach efforts to clients in Guilford and to assist with the development of marketing and promotional materials.
- $3,800 to Pilgrim Fellowship to provide scholarship funding for youth members to attend the annual mission trip.
The Guilford Foundation’s next application deadline for funding is on June 1st, 2012. For more information on the grant application process, go to www.guilfordfoundation.org or email Liza Janssen Petra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fuel Aid Effort Kicks Off on Valentine’s Day. Click the link for photos and article in the Guilford Courier.
3 Shoreline towns’ charity to offer fuel aid. Click the link for the article in the New Haven Register.
To help promote “Foundations Fuel Families,” an effort to raise funds for Guilford Social Services for families who need energy assistance, Liza Janssen Petra was interviewed on February 11, 2012 on Good Morning Connecticut.
Click here to watch the interview.
The Guilford Courier Featured Board President John Crawford as the “Person of the Week” on February 7, 2012.
Click here for the full article!
Foundations Fuel Families: Providing Warmth for your Neighbors
Fund Drive 2/14 to 3/19
A fuel crisis exists in Guilford. Costs to heat our homes are higher than ever, and more and more people are approaching Guilford Department of Social Services (GSS) for help: In 2010-11, GSS took 372 household applications for energy assistance, a jump from 349 the previous year. From 1991 to 2008, the maximum number of household applications in a year was 220.
… Read more
$20,012 Grant Awards by Guilford Foundation Aim to Make a Difference
At its December Board meeting, the Guilford Foundation Board of Directors approved $20,012 in grants to 8 local nonprofit organizations.
“We were impressed with the scope and quality of applications,” said John Crawford, Board President. “We believe these grants will make a real difference to Guilford residents across a broad spectrum of needs, from arts to addiction services to domestic violence.”
… Read more