The Guilford High School Interact Club Youth Advisory Group (YAG), an initiative of the Guilford Foundation to promote youth philanthropy, raised over $10,000 in donations during the 2014-15 school year, awarded grants totaling $7,475 to six organizations serving Guilford, and invested $7,000 into their permanent endowment fund.
Archive for August, 2015
The Guilford Foundation recently presented scholarship awards totaling $11,600 to twelve Guilford High School graduates to help offset the costs of their education. The records of these remarkable students reflect their hard work and commitment to personal development and inspire hope in the future citizenry of our great town.
The twelve students (as well as their colleges) are as follows:
- Elizabeth C. Adams Fund: Krisandra Cusanelli (Wheaton College) & Jessie Pelosi (University at Buffalo)
- Carl A. Balestracci, Jr. Humanitarian Fund: Joseph Iassogna (University of Virginia) & Emma Munson (North Carolina State University
- Al and Gene Bishop Fund for Vocational & Industrial Arts: Samantha Zuniga (Johnson & Wales Providence
- Stuart D. Burt Fund: Edward Gresham (Loyola Marymount University
- Stephen A. Looney Fund: Madeline Weil & Noah Rattet (Eastern Connecticut State University)
- Jake Penman Memorial Fund: Kay Horan (University of South Carolina)
- Ralph Schipani Scholarship Fund: Mackenzie Iasparra (Quinnipiac University) & John Suchy (Bridgewater State University)
- Elizabeth M. “Lizzie” Schwanfelder Scholarship Fund: Olivia Watrous (Northeastern University)
The Guilford Foundation salutes these community members and their families for this special recognition. TGF also gratefully acknowledges the Guilford High School Guidance Office for their assistance in identifying these students. For more information about the scholarships or the Guilford Foundation, go to www.guilfordfoundation.org.