The Guilford Foundation’s Youth Advisory Group (YAG) recently granted the following awards:
Recent Grants & Scholarship Awards:
TGF’s Youth Advisory Group Grants $10,396 in 2016
Guilford Foundation Awards $16,300 in Grants in March 2016
The Guilford Foundation (TGF) is pleased to announce grant awards to six organizations serving Guilford. The grants ranged from $1,200 to $5,000 and support kids, the environment, and basic needs.
Guilford Foundation Provides $11,600 Worth of Scholarships to 12 College Bound Graduates
The Guilford Foundation recently presented scholarship awards totaling $11,600 to twelve Guilford High School graduates to help offset the costs of their education. The records of these remarkable students reflect their hard work and commitment to personal development and inspire hope in the future citizenry of our great town.
The twelve students (as well as their colleges) are as follows:
- Elizabeth C. Adams Fund: Krisandra Cusanelli (Wheaton College) & Jessie Pelosi (University at Buffalo)
- Carl A. Balestracci, Jr. Humanitarian Fund: Joseph Iassogna (University of Virginia) & Emma Munson (North Carolina State University
- Al and Gene Bishop Fund for Vocational & Industrial Arts: Samantha Zuniga (Johnson & Wales Providence
- Stuart D. Burt Fund: Edward Gresham (Loyola Marymount University
- Stephen A. Looney Fund: Madeline Weil & Noah Rattet (Eastern Connecticut State University)
- Jake Penman Memorial Fund: Kay Horan (University of South Carolina)
- Ralph Schipani Scholarship Fund: Mackenzie Iasparra (Quinnipiac University) & John Suchy (Bridgewater State University)
- Elizabeth M. “Lizzie” Schwanfelder Scholarship Fund: Olivia Watrous (Northeastern University)
The Guilford Foundation salutes these community members and their families for this special recognition. TGF also gratefully acknowledges the Guilford High School Guidance Office for their assistance in identifying these students. For more information about the scholarships or the Guilford Foundation, go to www.guilfordfoundation.org.
Youth Advisory Group Awards $6,000 in 2014
In April, YAG made grant awards to the following 6 local organizations:
- $1,750 to Guilford Social Services for their back to school program
- $1,500 to Women & Family Life Center for “Safe Search”
- $1,000 to the Guilford Free Library for software for 3D printing
- $1,000 to Shoreline Arts Alliance for Shakespearean Summer Camp for youth
- $500 to Guilford High School’s Apple Pi Robotics for a new robot
- $250 to Guilford Art Center for GHS field trips
The GF Board of Directors was impressed by the group’s energetic fundraising and thoughtful deliberation of the grant applications. YAG continues to exceed expectations around the promotion and development of youth philanthropy. Kudos to Allen Jacobs and Patricia DeChiara for their volunteer guidance of these students.
2014 Scholarship Awards
The Guilford Foundation is pleased to announce the 2014 scholarship awards, which were presented at the GHS Awards Night on June 2, 2014:
- $1,500 Stuart D. Burt Fund Scholarship to Madeline Blank
- $1,200 Al & Gene Bishop Fund for Vocational & Industrial Arts Scholarship to Michael Montesano
- $1,100 Elizabeth “Lizzie” Schwanfelder Fund Scholarship to Megan Burke
- $500 Carl A. Balestracci, Jr Humanitarian Fund Scholarship to Kathryn Van Steenbergen
- $500 Carl A. Balestracci, Jr Humanitarian Fund Scholarship to Michael Greco
- $500 Elisabeth Adams Fund Scholarship to Claire Suites
- $500 Elisabeth Adams Fund Scholarship to Jake Morgan
- $500 Stephen A. Looney Fund Scholarship to Wyatt Vilaseca
- $500 Stephen A. Looney Fund Scholarship to Claire Weil
The Guilford Foundation Awards Merit Scholarships to 9 Seniors
The Guilford Foundation hosted its Annual Dinner & Awards Ceremony on Thursday, May 30th, under clear, warm skies at the Guilford Yacht Club. At the dinner, we awarded scholarships to nine Guilford High School graduating seniors to help offset the costs of their college education. The records of these remarkable students reflect their hard work and commitment to personal development and inspire hope in the future citizenry or our great town.
The nine students (as well as their colleges) are listed below next to their award: … Read more
After School Art Classes
The Guilford Fund for Education and the Guilford Foundation awarded a grant of $2,450 in March 2013 to Guilford Art Center and Guilford Before and After School Care for a joint project to provide art instruction to After School Care students onsite at A.W. Cox, Calvin Leete, and Guilford Lakes schools in Guilford.
Youth Philanthropy at Work: 2013 YAG Grant Awards
The Guilford High School Interact Club Youth Advisory Group (YAG), an initiative of the Guilford Foundation to promote youth philanthropy, recently awarded four grants totaling $10,000 to 5 local organizations: